Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hello writing, Goodbye game development

After commiting considerable time and energy I've found that game development no longer holds my interest. I made some good advances in learning programming but programing/gaming requires resources and time which I just can not commit

I've returned to my 'roots', with reading and writing science fiction. What's great is with various eletronic devices I can write almost whenever I have the urge. Fodder for a future topic.

I've written several short science fiction stories which are in editing. One is almost ready for submission to either Analog or Asimov's magazines.

I have also started on a novel.

Genre-wise I'd say my current style is a mix of post-cyberpunk, bio-industrial, future noir, with bits and pieces of other stuff. I coined the phrase 'Inforage' in my response to Jame's Strickland's blog post
Cyberpunk and Post Cyberpunk - What's in a Name? so maybe I stick with that.

No comments: